If you need a restorative treatment—such as crowns, bridges, or veneers—you don’t have to wait weeks to see your results. Now, with this cutting-edge CEREC system, we can create your device in just one visit—right at your chair side!
How It Works
CEREC is an innovative system that allows us to create custom-made ceramic dental restorations right here in our office. Now, we can create the device right in front of you and, just moments later, cement them into place on your teeth! The process of using this system is not as complicated as you might think. If you come to Downtown Dental for a restorative or cosmetic treatment, here are a few steps you can expect to take:
- First, your dentist will prepare the necessary tooth for a device in order to ensure we can get exact measurements for the restoration.
- Next, using the CEREC Acquisition Unit, your dentist will take a digital photograph of your tooth.
This 3D software will then convert the digital image of your tooth into a lthree-dimensional model.
- Once the model has been created, your dentist will design your device on the screen right before your eyes! This process usually only takes around five minutes.
- When you approve of the design of your new dental restoration, your dentist will then submit the image to the CEREC Milling Unit, which will carve your device out of a block of ceramic that has been chosen to match your ideal shade.
- In 10-20 minutes, your new device will be complete and ready for polish! Your dentist will then begin placing your new restoration right on the spot.
The CEREC system is a groundbreaking innovation in the world of restorative and cosmetic dentistry. There are a number of reasons why our patients love this system, including the following:
- Immediate Results – Now you won’t need to wait weeks for your crowns or veneers. You can walk out with a renewed smile that very same day. That means you can save your vacation days and sick days for when you really want to use them!
- No Discomfort – We understand that the traditional method of making molds of your teeth can be quite uncomfortable. Now, you won’t have to bite into anything to make an impression of your tooth. This system will do it for you with a simple photograph.
- No Temporary Devices – In some cases, getting restorative treatments would require having a temporary device while your final product was being manufactured. Not anymore! Now you can have your well-fitted, custom-made device right away.
- Hands-On Experience – Because your dentist can make the device right in front of you, the power of choosing the ideal appearance of your device is in your hands. Now, you can make sure your restoration looks just right for you!
Want to see the CEREC system in action? Call Downtown Dental to schedule your appointment for your next restorative or cosmetic treatment!